Spreadsheet may also called a worksheet. It is a software application that enables a user to save, Sort and manage data in an arranged form of rows and columns. It can stores data in a tabular format as an electronic document. An electronic spreadsheet is based on and is similar to the paper-based accounting worksheet. Excel is the largest market share on the Windows.
It is program is a standard feature of an office productivity suite; since the advent of web apps, office suites now also exist in web app form. Web based spreadsheets are a relatively new category.
Example of Spreadsheet
It is primarily designed to provide a digital form of the paper-based worksheet. Spreadsheets work through spreadsheet application software. The rows and columns within the spreadsheet contain cells that are filled with data to create unique operations. A typical worksheet program can have multiple functions such as:
- Numerous rows and columns for data and values storage
- Support for mathematical formulas and calculations
- Data sorting and analysis
- Multiple worksheets and their interlinking
- Integration and visualization of data in the form of graphs and charts
- Easy entering, Saving and sorting data. The key feature of spreadsheets is the ability for a formula to refer to the contents of other cells, which may in turn be the result of a formula.
- The ability to chain formulas together is what gives a spreadsheet its power. Many problems can be broken down into a series of individual mathematical steps, and these can be assigned to individual formulas in cells.
- worksheet share many principles and traits of databases, but spreadsheets and databases are not the same thing. A worksheet is essentially just one table, whereas a database is a collection of many tables with machine-readable semantic relationships between them.
- It is very easy to share data, Making data in the form of Charts, Table and Graphs.