Sales Force Management Functions
Sales Force Management Functions plays vital role in the success of the marketing plan. Executing the marketing strategy successfully requires efficient and well trained Sale Representatives. The sales force management performs the following functions.
- Recruitment: An essential part for the effective sales force management is recruitment. Over the decades companies have designed advances selection programs and procedures to test the behavioral, Managerial, and Personality Skill and expertise are identified. Some companies have developed research methods or execute surveys to look for the preferences and demands of the customers for the selection of Sales team.
- Training and Supervision: The crux of building a well-trained and effective sales force is Sale force Training Programs. In order to beat the market completion and become a market leader Trained Work force is required. Efficient Training during the product life cycle can build a strong Sale Force. Supervising the sales Team will keep the moral of the sales people high and put the sales team in the right direction to manage the customers. The better the results are achieved the Sale team if provided better the supervision. The efficiently managed sales teams perform task effectively and meet the sales goals.
- Motivation and Incentives: The Data and Market Research suggests that a Motivated Sales Force is more target oriented, Goal Achievers, and Result Producers. To drive up and boost the morale of the Sales employees the Motivation plays an integral role. Compensations, Incentives, Sale Shares, Quotas are motivational elements for the Work Force.
- Sale Force Evaluation: Evaluating the Sale Results, Product Numbers and Profit Reports is the key for the successful Sale Force Management System.
- Behavioral Aspects: The fast paced business world the buying and selling has no longer remained the transaction marketing; it’s about building strong ties with the customers. The Companies now focus on relationship marketing. The Sale force management must be equipped with all techniques and arts to build long term relationship to make a successful Sale. The Art of Negotiation is the key element of closing the deal.