Controlling types are three basic types of controls are exercised
1. Feed Forward Control
Feed forward control is a type of controlling where the inputs of a process are evaluated and corrective actions are taken before the execution of activities so that the errors can be prevented. In this way, this method maintains the time gap in taking the remedial measures. Feed forward control verifies that whether the inputs to the activities are planned or not, if not, then it adjusts the variables in such a manner that desired results can be achieved.
Advantages of Feed Forward Control
- High Level of Accuracy.
- Promotes Self-Control.
- Reduces the Workload of Management.
- Source of Mental Satisfaction for the Subordinates.
Disadvantages of Feed Forward Control
- It can divert the attention from the routine activities of the firm.
- It is sensitive to the error arising from faulty modelling.
- It needs additional disturbance model and sensor.
- As it emphasizes on producing the reports on a regular basis, therefore consumes more time and effort.
2. Concurrent Control
All those activities that aid during the execution or process are called “concurrent controls” or “steering controls”. Concurrent control is the activity which takes place during the execution of processes. All the activities and process revolve around concurrent control.
An important concept in concurrent controlling is that since it analysis and evaluates on-going operations, hence, it needs an in-depth understanding of particular tasks and their interrelationships with desired outcome.
3. Feedback Control
Feedback control evaluates the results and matches them with the pre-defined standards. This type of control is exercised after the execution of a process. Hence, it is also called “post-action control” or “output control”.
Advantages of Feedback Control
- It gives valuable insights that help in planning for the future by aiding the managers in modifying the current plans and design the fresh ones for future.
- It provides information about the performance of employees that helps in rewarding them, which is quite helpful.
- In feedback control, the variance from the set standards is measured on the basis of which the corrective measures are taken.
- It may also improve the motivation level of the personnel by letting them know the effectiveness of their performance.
Disadvantages of Feedback Control
It helps in forming regarding a divergence or error which has already happened, which may cause wastage or may ruin the reputation of the firm.
a considerable amount of time may already have passed before implementation of remedial action. Hence, at times it can prove to be even risky.