List of Revolutions India
- Green Revolution : Agriculture Food Grains.
- White Revolution : Milk & Dairy Products.
- Blue Revolution : Fishes Production.
- Pink Revolution : Prawn ,Onions, Pharmaceutical
- Silver Revolution : Eggs production
- Round Revolution : Potato.
- Golden Revolution : Honey, Horticulture.
- Grey Revolution : Fertilizers
- Brown Revolution : Cocoa, Leather.
- Red Revolution : Meat & Tomatoes.
- Black Revolution : Petroleum Productions.
- Rainbow Revolution : Fruits
- Yellow Revolution : Oil Seeds, Edible Oil, Especially Mustard and Sunflower.
- Golden Fiber : Jute.
- Silver Fiber : Cotton.
- Evergreen Revolution : Overall Development of Agriculture.
Fathers of Revolutions India
- Father Of Greene Revolution India: M.S.Swaminathan.
- Father Of White Revolution : Verghese Kurien.
- Milk Man Of India : Verghese Kurien.
- Father Of Blue Revolution : Dr.Arun Krishnan.
- Father Of Induced Breeding : Prof.Hirlal Chaudri.
- Father Of Pink Revolution : Durgesh Patel.
- Father Of Golden Revolution : Nirpakh Tutej.
- Father Of Red Revolution : Vishal Tewari.
- Father Of Silver Revolution : Indira Gandhi.
1. Blue revolution
Blue Revolution has the vision to achieve economic prosperity of the country and the fishers and fish farmers as well as contribute towards food and nutritional security through full potential utilization of water resources for fisheries development in a sustainable manner, keeping in view the bio-security and environmental concerns.
Creating an enabling environment for integrated development of the full potential of fisheries of the country, along with substantially improvement in the income status of fishers and fish farmers keeping in view the sustainability, bio-security and environmental concerns.
2. White Revolution
White Revolution, known as Operation Flood, was launched in 1970. It was an initiative by India’s National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and was the world’s biggest dairy development programme. It transformed India from a milk deficient nation into the world’s largest milk producers.
Operation Flood was based on the experimental pattern set up by Verghese Kurien, chairman and founder of AMUL, who was named the Chairman of NDDB and was also recognised as the architect of Operation Flood.
Verghese Kurien was the father of the White Revolution. He founded Amul, one of the largest milk producing companies in India. Kurien, along with his friend H. M. Dalaya invented the process of making milk powder and condensed milk from buffalo milk. Many companies were started under his leadership and former Prime Miniter Lal Bahadur Shastri created the National Dairy Development Board based on Amul’s management, resource and infrastructure arrangements.
3. Yellow Revolution
It is associated with the objective of achieving self-reliance in the production of oil seeds. Oil seeds technological mission was introduced for ensuing optimum utilization of production, processing, management and technology in oil seed crops.