Current Chief Ministers List
Current Chief Ministers list explained in the below table. Here you know all states CM Names and their party.
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy||YSRC|
|2||Arunachal Pradesh||Pema Khandu||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||Assam||Sarbananda Sonowal||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||Bihar||Nitish Kumar||Janata Dal (United)|
|5||Chhattisgarh||Bhupesh Baghel||Indian National Congress|
|6||Goa||Pramod Sawant||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|7||Gujarat||Vijay Rupani||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|8||Haryana||Manohar Lal Khattar||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|9||Himachal Pradesh||Jai Ram Thakur||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|10||Jammu and Kashmir||Vacant||–|
|11||Jharkhand||Raghubar Das||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|12||Karnataka||B.S. Yediyurappa||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|14||Madhya Pradesh||Kamal Nath||Indian National Congress|
|15||Maharashtra||Devendra Fadnavis||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|16||Manipur||Nongthombam Biren Singh||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|17||Meghalaya||Conrad Sangma||National People’s Party|
|18||Mizoram||Zoramthanga||Mizo National Front|
|19||Nagaland||Neiphiu Rio||Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party|
|20||Odisha||Naveen Patnaik||Biju Janata Dal|
|21||Punjab||Captain Amarinder Singh||Indian National Congress|
|22||Rajasthan||Ashok Gehlot||Indian National Congress|
|23||Sikkim||Prem Singh Tamang||Sikkim Democratic Front|
|24||Tamil Nadu||Edappadi K. Palaniswami||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|25||Telangana||K Chandrasekhar Rao||Telangana Rashtriya Samiti (TRS)|
|26||Tripura||Biplab Kumar Deb||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|27||Uttar Pradesh||Yogi Adityanath||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|28||Uttarakhand||Trivendra Singh Rawat Doiwala||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|29||West Bengal||Mamata Banerjee||All India Trinamool Congress|
Facts about Chief Ministers
- The first woman Chief Minister in the history of independent India was Sucheta Kriplani of the Indian National Congress. She served the post of the CM of Uttar Pradesh from 1963 to 1967. Closely following her was Nandini Satpathy who governed Odisha as the CM from 1972 to 1976.
- The first Dalit Chief Minister of any Indian state was Mayawati of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP). Mayawati also had a significant record of being one of the longest-serving Chief Ministers of UP, being in office for a total of 2554 days.
- Jyoti Basu of the CPI (M) is the longest-serving Chief Minister of any state in India. He remained the CM of West Bengal from 1977 to 2000, being in power for 8539 days. It was under his regime that the historic land reform movement ‘Operation Barga’ was carried out throughout rural West Bengal, a model soon replicated in other parts of the country.
- Nadendla Bhaskara Rao has served the shortest-term as a Chief Minister. He remained the CM of Andhra Pradesh for a very brief period of only 31 days in 1984.
- The first Chief Minister who died in office was C N Annadurai from Tamil Nadu.